Super fast and nutritious this recipe works as a salad or a hot dish and you can make pesto with the left over basil.
Tomato Beans and BasilTotal time: 5 mins
- 1x 400g (12oz) can of kidney beans
- 1 ripe tomato
- 1 small clove garlic
- ½ cup basil leaves
- ¼ cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- Drain the beans and rinse them thoroughly until the water runs clear and free of bubbles. This will eliminate troublesome after effects.
- Dice the tomato and chop the basil leaves roughly.
- For a salad, grate the garlic into the bottom of your serving bowl and mix it with the oil, salt and pepper to form a dressing.
- Toss the beans, tomato, basil and ricotta through the dressing then serve.
- For the hot version, simply do the same as above in a small saucepan over a medium heat until the contents are steaming.