This is a classic Italian dessert.
Tiramisu for OneTotal time: 1 hr 10 mins
- 2-3 short bread cookies
- 1/4 cup strong coffee
- 2 tbsp. Marsala
- 1 tbsp. Mascarpone cheese or Greek yoghurt
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla exract
- Grated dark chocolate or cocoa powder to serve
- Mix one tablespoon of the coffee with the Marsala.
- Whisk the Mascarpone cheese or yoghurt with the remaining coffee until smooth.
- Beat the cream with the vanilla until soft peaks form.
- Take a small, shallow dish, such as a champagne bowl or soufflé ramekin and spread a layer of cream over the bottom.
- Place a layer of the biscuits over the top of the cream and pour half the coffee and Marsala mixture over them.
- Spread the Mascarpone/yoghurt mixture onto the biscuits.
- Place another layer of biscuits into the dish and spoon the remaining coffee mixture over them.
- Top the biscuits with the cream and sprinkle with cocoa powder or grated chocolate.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.