Here’s another way to use the wonton wrappers I have featured in my two previous posts. I’ve been eating these all week.
Sweet Wonton StackTotal time: 5 mins
- 3 wonton wrappers
- 3 tsp. ricotta cheese
- ½ tsp. of finely grated lemon rind
- 3 tsp. jam (jelly) of your choice
- 1 tbsp. cooking oil
- Mix the lemon rind into the ricotta cheese.
- Pour the oil into a small saucepan and heat it until it is rippling.
- Fry the wonton wrappers one at a time, placing the cooked ones on a paper towel or wooden chopping board when done to absorb extra oil.
- Now stack the wrappers, sandwiching them together with a spoonful of the cheese mixture and jam.
- Serve 'em and eat 'em.