This high energy, low calorie salad is perfect for a light lunch or dinner.
Salmon SaladTotal time: 20 mins
- 150g (5oz) Salmon cutlet or fillet
- A handful of green beans
- 1 medium size potato
- ¼ of a red onion
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 2 tsp. soy sauce
- Cut the potato into thick slices and place it in a saucepan of salted water.
- Bring the potato to the boil then reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Choose a steamer to fit the saucepan and line it with baking paper.
- Place beans and fish in the basket and steam them for eight minutes.
- Remove the beans from the basket and place in a bowl of cold water.
- Break the fish into flakes with a fork.
- Slice the onion very finely.
- When the potato is tender, remove it from the saucepan and plunge it into a bowl of cold water and leave it to cool for a couple of minutes.
- Drain the potato and beans and mix them with the onion and fish.
- Mix the soy sauce and lemon juice to form a dressing then toss it through the salad just before serving.
Calories per serving: 400