This colorful and delicious recipe uses one pot and one bowl and makes one serve.
Red Beet PastaTotal time: 20 mins
- 1/2-3/4 cup dried past
- 1/2 cup coarsely grated red beet
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 lemon, rind and juice
- 1/2 clove garlic
- 2 tbsp. ricotta cheese
- cracked black pepper to taste
- Bring a medium size pot of water to the boil and add a pinch of salt.
- Place the pasta in the boiling water and cook as instructed on the pack.
- Drain the pasta and place it in your serving bowl covered with the saucepan lid.
- Return the pot to the heat and melt the butter, cooking it until it just starts to brown. This should take about a minute, but watch it carefully, as it will burn quickly once the browning starts.
- Add the grated beet and cook for thirty seconds.
- Grate the lemon rind and garlic finely and stir into the beet with the lemon juice.
- Cook for one minute.
- Toss the pasta through the mixture and crumble chunks of the ricotta into it.
- Serve with cracked black pepper.