A perfect dessert for one.
No Fat Apple DumplingsTotal time: 20 mins
- 2 tbsp. coarsely grated apple
- 2 tbsp. self-raising flour
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tbsp. water
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- Mix the apple with the flour, sugar, cinnamon and baking powder to form a thick batter.
- Pour the water and maple syrup into a small saucepan and heat until simmering.
- Using a teaspoon, scoop the batter into three balls.
- Drop the balls into the simmering syrup and cover the pot with a well-fitting lid.
- Simmer the dumplings over a very low heat for fifteen minutes then serve them with the syrup and cream.