Whether you are feeling a little worse for wear or want a healthy start to the new year , this will do the trick.
News Year’s BreakfastTotal time: 10 mins
- 1 egg
- 1 handful of baby spinach leaves
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp. milk
- 1 tsp of Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. butter
- Cut off a piece of baguette as long as your hand and slice it horizontally.
- While you are toasting the baguette, heat your skillet. (I showed you how to get it to the right temperature in a recent video.)
- Give the spinach a rough chop then whisk it with the egg, milk, salt and mustard.
- Melt the butter in the skillet, tipping the skillet so all the base is coated with the butter, then pour in the egg mixture.
- Let it cook for about twenty seconds then lift the cooked areas to the top. Turn off the heat but continue to lift the cooked areas up for about another thirty seconds.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and place the scrambled stuff on top of the toasted baguette.
- Top with as much mayonnaise as you want.
- Happy new year!