A sweet and zesty fish dish in under ten minutes.
Lime and Coconut FishTotal time: 10 mins
- 200g. (6oz) Salmon or ocean trout fillet
- 1 tbsp. Flaked coconut
- 1 tsp. ketchup manis*
- 1/2 Lime, juice and rind
- 1/2 tsp. chili paste
- 1/2 tbsp. cooking oil
- *Ketchup manis is a thick, sweet type of soy sauce commonly used in Indonesian cooking. If you can’t find it, use a tablespoon of soy sauce and a teaspoon of brown sugar.
- Grate the lime rind and mix it with the coconut.
- Mix the chili paste, lime juice and ketchup manis together to make a sauce.
- Place the coconut and lime rind into a dry fry pan over a medium heat and toast them until the coconut is crunchy and golden then remove it from the pan.
- Brush the fish with the oil and place it in the hot pan.
- Fry the fish for two minutes each side then place it on a serving plate, covering with foil or a saucepan lid to keep warm.
- Pour the sauce into the pan and cook for twenty to thirty seconds, stirring to mix it with the fish juices and residue.
- Pour the sauce over the fish and top it with the toasted coconut and lime rind.
- Serve with a green salad or steamed vegetables.