This spicy South-east Asian style soup is a whole meal in one pot.
Hot and Sour Soup Total time: 5 mins
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 200g seafood mix
- 1/2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp. fish sauce
- 2 tsp. chili paste
- 1 handful spinach
- 1/2 handful coriander (cilantro) leaves, optional
- 100-200g vacuum packed udon noodles
- 2 lime wedges
- Bring the stock to a simmer in a small pot then add the sauces and chili paste.
- Soak the noodles in hot water then squeeze them so they separate.
- Add them to the pot and heat for one or two minutes then stir in the marinara mix.
- Cook the soup until the seafood is opaque then add the spinach.
- Stir the soup until the spinach wilts then serve it topped with the coriander and a squeeze of lime juice.