A luxurious, nourishing and low calorie start to the day or any time you like.
Healthy Eggs FlorentineTotal time: 10 mins
- 1 slice of good quality toast
- 1 or 2 free range eggs
- 1 cup washed spinach leaves
- 1 tbsp. natural, full cream yoghurt
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp. white wine vinegar
- ½ tsp. salt
- Extra salt and Pepper to taste
- Fill a small fry pan with water and bring it to a simmer, adding the half teaspoon of salt.
- Place the spinach leaves in a sieve over the simmering water and pour two or three ladles of water over them until they wilt.
- Place the spinach on paper towel to absorb the excess moisture and cover to them keep warm.
- Break the eggs into the simmering water and poach gently for two to three minutes.
- Mix the yoghurt and mustard and vinegar to form a sauce.
- Place the spinach on the toast topped with the eggs and sauce then add salt and pepper to taste.
Calories per serving: 250-330