A European classic.
Florentine for OnePrep time: 5 minsCook time: 5 minsTotal time: 30 mins
- 1 tsp. rolled oats
- 1-2 tsp. dried fruit mix
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 raw almond
- 10 g. dark chocolate
- Place the chocolate on a piece of baking paper.
- Chop the almond roughly.
- Place another piece of baking paper in a fry pan and sprinkle the sugar onto the paper to form a circle about five centimetres (two inches) in diameter.
- Heat the pan over a low heat until the sugar melts and turns golden.
- As the sugar is melting, place the oats, then fruit and chopped almond on top so that the melting sugar sticks them together.
- Remove the pan from the heat as soon as the sugar browns and slide the paper out of the pan onto a cold plate.
- Place the paper with the chocolate into the hot pan and leave it to melt using the residual heat. Do not return it to the stove.
- Remove the paper from the pan as soon as the chocolate has melted.
- Peel the toffee mixture from the paper and place it onto the melted chocolate, pressing it down a little to spread the chocolate over the bottom.
- Place the Florentine on a cold plate and refrigerate for twenty minutes before eating.