It’s healthy, it’s easy, it’s delicious.
Crispy, Spicy FishTotal time: 20 mins
- 1 white fish fillet, skin on
- 2 tsp. cumin powder
- 1 tsp. chili flakes or chili paste
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. cooking oil
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 cup cooked lentils and salad greens to serve.
- Mix the cumin, chili, garlic, oil and salt to form a marinade.
- Place the fish fillet, skin side up on a chopping board and cut slits into the skin, about half an inch (one centimetre) apart.
- Coat the fish with the marinade, making sure it gets well into the slits.
- Leave the fish in the marinade for five minute then place it skin side down on a piece of baking paper or foil so that the juices will be caught.
- Place the fish under a hot broiler (griller) for one minute then turn it over.
- Cook the fish for four to five minutes until the skin is crispy.
- Serve it with lentils and salad using the juices as a dressing.
- PS. A little humus wont hurt this dish at all.