Use up left-over herbs by making pesto.
Coriander PestoTotal time: 5 mins
- 1 cup fresh coriander (cilantro) leaves
- 1/2 cup unsalted, roasted cashew nuts
- 2 tsp. chili paste
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Wash the leaves well and pat them dry with paper towel.
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and blend until they form a paste, adding extra oil if necessary.
- To store the pesto place it in an air-tight container and cover the surface with olive oil then refrigerate. Alternatively, using an ice cube tray, freeze the pesto in one tablespoon amounts.