This dish works well with roasted potatoes. See my Single Serve post Lamb with Red Beet Sauce for how to get the perfect roast potato in twenty minutes.
Chicken with Green OlivesTotal time: 15 minsSummaryThis dish works well with roasted potatoes. See my Single Serve post Lamb with Red Beet Sauce for how to get the perfect roast potato in twenty minutes.
- 1 chicken thigh fillet
- 3 spiced green olives
- ½ tsp. lemon zest
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 1 tsp. thyme leaves
- 1 small clove of garlic
- 1 tsp. cooking oil
- Trim the excess fat from the chicken thigh and slice it into thick strips.
- Chop the olives and grate the garlic finely then mix all the other ingredients together to form a marinade.
- Stab the chicken pieces all over with a fork. This allows the flavours of the marinade to penetrate all through the chicken.
- Marinate the chicken for five minutes.
- Rinse a small skillet and place it over a medium heat. When the water evaporates the skillet is the right temperature for frying.
- Place the chicken and marinade into the pan and fry the chicken for about two minutes on both sides.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet then reduce the marinade to form a sauce.
- Serve with steamed greens or salad and the roast potatoes.