The richness of the chicken and mustard is beautifully balanced by the crisp, fresh lettuce leaves.
Chicken in MustardTotal time: 10 mins
- 1 chicken thigh fillet
- ¼ cup finely sliced leek
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- ½ tbsp. cooking oil
- 5 cos or iceberg lettuce leaves
- Trim the chicken fillet of excess fat and slice it into bite size pieces.
- Heat a small skillet over a medium heat and pour in the cooking oil.
- When the oil begins to ripple, add the leek and fry until it is clear.
- Now add the chicken to the pan and fry it until it is brown on all sides.
- Mix in the mustard and salt then lower the heat and cover the skillet with a well-fitting lid and cook for two to three minutes.
- Choose five cup-like lettuce leaves and wash them well and pat them dry with paper towel.
- Divide the cooked chicken evenly between the lettuce leaves.
- Wrap the leaves around the chicken and eat them with your hands Sum Choy Bow style.