Stir frying doesn’t always have to be about Asian flavours. It’s a quick and healthy way to cook all sorts of meals.
Chicken and Almond Stir FryPrep time: 5 minsCook time: 5 minsTotal time: 10 mins
- 1-2 Chicken thigh fillets
- 1/2 red onion
- 6 asparagus spears
- 1 tbsp. chopped raw almonds
- 1/4 cup white wine or water
- 1 tbsp. cooking oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Trim the chicken of excess fat and cut it into strips.
- Snap the stringy ends off the asparagus spears by holding them either end and bending until they break, then cut the tender ends into bite size lengths.
- Cut the onion into six wedges.
- Heat the oil in a wok or fry pan over a high heat until it begins to ripple.
- Fry the onion and asparagus for ten seconds then add the chicken and fry for one minute.
- Pour the wine or water into the pan and cover with a well-fitting lid.
- Reduce the heat and steam for two minutes then stir the almonds through.
- Season to taste and serve with rice or noodles.