Beetroot and Bean SaladTotal time: 20 mins
- 400g Can butter beans.
- 1 Cup Coarsely grated beetroot (Red beet).
- 1/2 Cup Mint leaves.
- 1 Tablespoon Shaved parmesan cheese.
- 1 Pinch Cracked black pepper (to taste)
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 Tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 Clove Garlic
- Drain and rinse the beans thoroughly until the water runs clear and free of bubbles.
- Chop the mint roughly.
- Mix the beetroot and mint together with the beans and refrigerate in an airtight container until required.
- Grate the garlic into the oil and mix it with the lemon juice to form a dressing then place it in a screw-top jar.
- Shake the dressing well and toss it through the salad then serve topped with the parmesan cheese and black pepper.
Serving size: 1
Calories per serving: 420